Saturday, June 11, 2011

Hot Air Balloons

A couple weeks ago there was a big hot air balloon festival. After a busy Saturday filled with yard work, lawn mowing, garden tending, house cleaning, chores, and a 9-mile run for me, we thought it would be fun to take the kids out for a fun family outing.
It was a blast and the kids loved seeing all the balloons flying up into the air. It was a perfect way to end a beautiful day. We sat back on the grass together and had fun watching all the different balloons.
It was really laid back and although there were quite a few people there, the kids had plenty of space to run around on the grass. I loved seeing all their reactions especially Matthew and Emily. They were both so excited. Emily just kept pointing at all the balloons and squealing with excitement.

The favorite balloon was this big blue dragon balloon. It was pretty fun to see the creative designs.



1 comment:

jor johnson said...

SO COOL!!! (that is what Evrett tells me all the time) but he would be so right! I have never been to a hot air balloon festival and is looks like a ton of fun. I love how bright they are.

How was the 9 mile run? It sounds sooo long to me! I need to get in gear. I just wish we could all train for ragnar together as well as run the race :) Have you made running buddies? Are there trials or good places to run? I find myself missing valley green so much...we really were spoiled with that.