Monday, June 13, 2011

When It Rains...

We've had some pretty decent rainstorms this summer. One thunderstorm in particular was crazy! Poor Emily was out on the deck when we heard the first round of thunder and I don't think I've ever seen her move so fast! She jumped and grabbed a hold of the closest thing she could find- the deck railing-and held on for dear life until I rescued her. She's definitely not a fan of the loud thunder! For the next couple hours, the kids and I watched the torrential rain and the lightning flashes. It was a good thing Caleb and Jacob checked on one of the garden boxes- I didn't realize there was a stream of water like a full-running faucet shooting out of the drain pipe, completely flooding the garden box. Not too long after the storm started we noticed there was a river going through the neighbor's yards. It was crazy! There are definitely advantages to being at the top of the hill during storms.



No comments: