Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Moving Day

April 30th was not only the end of the month, it also meant the close of another chapter in our lives. The movers came that Saturday and finished their work early on Monday morning. I won't lie, I didn't do much in the regards of packing. For the first time in our lives (and 15 moves) Jeff's new employer paid for movers and it was bliss! Usually I'm working like crazy, staying up many nights until early morning trying to get everything finished. This time I played outside with the kids enjoying the sunshine while the movers worked their magic. The only thing I had to do was pack suitcases and clean our home afterwards. I was feeling a little guilty, but I did feel better when they told us ours was one of the easiest moves they'd ever done- probably because we don't have much.

The boys thought it was great. They became fast friends with the movers and loved seeing the giant semi-truck parked in front of our home. I'm sure the neighbors weren't quite as thrilled, hopefully they didn't mind too much.

Along with the moving came the goodbyes. That's always the hardest part for me. Even though we haven't lived here too long, we've made some good friends and it was sad to say goodbye to everyone. I'm just glad we have e-mail, facebook, and blogs to keep in touch with everyone.
Caleb had his last day of preschool in April and said goodbye to his wonderful teachers- Mrs. Rains, Mrs. Yaden, and Mrs. Lee. They ran a wonderful preschool out of a Christian church and we're really going to miss them.

Jacob had his last day of school on May 2nd and had to say goodbye to his wonderful school and wonderful teacher Mrs. Foltz. His school has been awesome and Mrs Foltz has been the most *amazing* teacher I have ever seen. I wish there was some way to clone her so that each our our kids could have her for every single year of their 12 years of school. She really is the closest thing you could get to a 'perfect' teacher. Jacob absolutely adores her. She was in tears saying goodbye to Jacob, and we will miss her so much.

There are so many things I will miss about living here. Even though I'm looking forward to being a new home that we own, we are all going to miss our cute rental home. We have a lot of happy memories here.
And I know this sounds horribly vain, but I'm really going to miss my closet! Our master bedroom had dual closets, so I had this massive walk-in closet all to myself! It was so nice to have plenty of room for everything. When we get to our new home we'll have to share a closet again, but it was fun while it lasted. (Just excuse the mess- after getting back from our trip and knowing the movers were coming to box everything up, I just stacked the packed items on the shelves rather than putting them away)
Driving away Monday night, I snapped a couple pictures along the highway. It wasn't the most gorgeous place on earth, but it was beautiful to us. I'll miss the beautiful farm country, the dry sunny weather, and wide open country setting.


4 comments:

Austin & Shawnee said...

Oh man...I think I need some pointers on moving from you guys. I'm totally getting stressed out. I'm glad you got a more laid back move..after 15 you totally deserved it!

Melinda H. said...

15 moves!! I knew it was a lot, but I didn't realize it was that many. Where are you off to know? Is it a permanent move? So excited for you guys!

Caity said...

Congrats! And your messy looks pretty clean to me :)

Cordell and Sarah said...

So where are you off to now? Hopefully you will have the chance to finally settle in. Cordell and I talk about you often and what an amazing couple you are!