Sunday, May 23, 2010

Hiking

Last Saturday, we decided to take advantage of some of the hiking trails that are just 10 minutes away. It was a beautiful day and so much fun to just get out and enjoy the beautiful scenery. We are definitely going to miss all the beautiful green rolling hills, trees and greenery of the East Coast when we leave. It is beautiful!
The boys absolutely loved hiking up the trails, collecting sticks, rocks & bugs, and playing in the streams. Being outdoors is a little boys' paradise. It was a great hike for everyone, and a perfect way to spend the afternoon.
It was fun to watch Matthew. He kept up great, and I think he thought it was his personal responsibility to make sure that I kept up with the group. He kept turning around and saying, "Come on Mom!"
Contrary to what you might think based on seeing the first picture, Emily really did have a good time. She loves being outdoors and seemed to really enjoy the afternoon. She's still a little small for the front carrier, her face barely pokes over the top.
Daddy and the boys.

By the end of the hike, Emily was pretty tired and took a little nap in the carrier.

4 comments:

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Is that in Penny Pack park? I miss that place. Seriously the green is just lucious! I'm glad to see that Emily liked her big day. Maybe you can take some lyme disease with you to remind you of the east coast! ha ha.

Joey and Michelle Chandler Family said...

When I was looking at your blog, Addi was by me. She saw the picture of just Emily in her carrier and said, "they put her in a bag???" I thought it was pretty funny and explained that it was a baby carrier.

jor said...

We drove past Wilkes burry (sp??) when driving to Chicago from West Point NY and it was BEAUTIFUL!!! What a fun family outing!

Kimber Menssen said...

Super fun pics. We would stick a towel or something under Tyler's bum in the carrier to prop him up a little higher. We miss you guys and can't wait to see you. Hope the move went well (or at least more really good stories). :)