May 5th was Jacob and Caleb's last day of school and preschool. They have both had a great year with preschool and kindergarten. They've had wonderful teachers and have both made some great friends. Technically the school year doesn't end until mid June, but with our moving/rotation schedule, we thought that May would be the best, so Jacob wouldn't have to transfer schools for a month of school. I've been staying alone in Philadelphia with the kids Sunday through Wednesday so they can go to school, then we travel up to be with Jeff until Friday afternoon, then we come back to Philadelphia on the weekends. I wanted the kids to get in as much school as possible, but I didn't love being away from Jeff so much. Being one mother with three boys and a newborn daughter can get a little tiring. There is definitely a reason families have a father and a mother, and I'm amazed at the wonderful single mothers who do it.
Jacob's school. It's pretty old, it even has a fall-out shelter if that gives any idea; but we've really come to love this building, even if it doesn't have a playground. We'll miss seeing this place every morning.
Jacob and his fabulous teacher, Ms. McGlynn. She was such a great teacher and we'll really miss her. She was so easy to work with and absolutely loved Jacob.
Jacob and the assistant teacher, Ms. Lynch. After spending a lot of time helping out in the classroom, I could fully understand how helpful an assistant teacher can be. Ms. Lynch was great and kept things running smoothly.
A familiar scene- watching the kids walk into the building in the mornings. I'm definitely looking forward to not having to send Jacob to school in a white polo and navy slacks everyday. Uniforms are helpful, but seriously..who's idea was it to have white be the only shirt color?
This was a scene from Jacob's last day. It was so sweet, a bunch of his friends were giving him a big hug and didn't want to let him go. We'll miss these guys!
Ms. McGlynn not wanting to be left out either :)
This is Caleb's preschool. It just so happens to be at our favorite, Houston Park. During the nice weather it was fun to pack and lunch and play at the park after we picked him up. Caleb always thought he was pretty lucky to get to go to preschool at the park.
This was Caleb's absolute favorite teacher Miss Joy. Caleb is always full of energy, and sometimes that can tire people out, but Miss Joy loved it. She has three daughters & one son (exactly opposite of us) and always said that Caleb reminded her of her son. She always gave him special attention and loved to listen to his stories. I was so grateful for Miss Joy- and I've never seen anyone fit their name better than she does.
This is Caleb's other teacher, Miss Pat. She was a great teacher to work with too. She actually lives near the preschool, and the kids loved going on walks to her house to see her pet ducks.
I'm sure grateful for the kids' wonderful teachers and for the great experience they both had this year with school. You definitely have a better appreciation for good schools when you're a mom!
2 comments:
Great teachers are the best! So do you know where you guys are headed? You have been down a long road and have been so positive through it all. We can't be happier for you that you are almost done. We love our new place and will really be able to get used to more hours with Cordell! Hope the transition goes well for your sweet family!
I would definitely have a hard time with the white shirt everyday. Sounds like your boys had good teachers, but, Hooray for summer break!
Post a Comment