Jacob is a great helper and loves to talk to Emily and help her when she’s sad. He’s very sweet and patient. I love listening to his voice when he talks to her, so sweet and kind. He loves to touch her head and says she is the “prettiest little sister in the whole world.” He loves having a baby sister and told me he hopes we have another sister in the future because “we don’t have very many girls in the family.”
Caleb loves to try and entertain Emily. Although I’ve tried to tell him that she won’t really respond at this age, he still likes to perform various tricks and funny things for her in hopes of getting a laugh or smile. He is always asking to hold her. He loves to hold her little hands, and always tells me how much he loves his little sister. His line is, “She’s cute!”
I’ve been so pleased with how well Matthew has done with a little sister. He’s definitely had moments of acting out for attention, but towards Emily it’s always been pure love. He always calls her “Baby Sister” and loves to be involved with her in any way. He always asks to hold her, “Have It!” with arms outstretched. He loves to pat her head, kiss her cheeks, and touch her hands and feet. He’s taken it on as his personal responsibility to always make sure Emily has her binky (whether or not she wants it). I don’t know how many times I’ll find him at her side making sure that binky is in place. Whenever Emily cries, Matthew is immediately at her side trying to make her happy. She was sleeping on my bed one afternoon and woke up & started to cry. Before I could get to her she stopped crying. When I walked in the room, Matthew was up on my bed, lying right next to her. He had given her her binky and was lying carefully by her side with his arm gently around her. It was such a sweet little moment. Of course I do have to watch him, he’s not always that gentle, but there’s no question of his love towards her.
5 comments:
So precious! It's neat that they all love her so much already!
It's so cute seeing the boys love their little sister!
The pictures of Emily and each boy is so cute. How precious it is that she is so loved in you house.
This is such a sweet post!!
I haven't met a boy yet that couldn't be melted by his baby - or baby sister, as the case may be. All boys are putty in the hands of the RIGHT girl!
Post a Comment