Tuesday, April 20, 2010

One Month

Hard to believe a month has already passed since Emily joined our family. It's been a whirlwind and I'm excited for all the packing to be done so I can actually sit and enjoy our little sweetheart more!

- At her one month visit she was 8lbs 13ounces (18th percentile) and 20.5 inches (8thpercentile).
- She rolled from her tummy to her back at 2 weeks old. We have a feeling she’s going to be a mover just like some of her brothers!


- Her hair hasn't fallen out, in fact it's getting longer, and lighter in color. Her eyebrows are still dark though- I love them!
- She absolutely loves to be held and cuddled, she especially loves to be held by daddy.

- She’s starting to give real smiles, and no one works harder for those smiles than her brothers & her daddy!

- She doesn’t like having a dirty diaper...at all.

-She wants to sleep on her tummy, and sleeps so much better that way. I try to keep her on her back at nights, but during the day I'll let her nap on a blanket on her tummy.

- She loves to listen to sounds, voices, music, etc. She’ll stop whatever she’s doing and just listen intently. She especially loves family members voices.

- She doesn’t love her carseat. Hopefully this changes in a couple months before we make a cross country drive!


- She is a very efficient burper! I can get a burp almost every time! Don’t know if this is good or bad yet…J
- So far she’s been a great night sleeper, the best out of all my kids. Since the very beginning she’s always given at least 4 hour stretches, which means I’ve only had to get up once a night. She’s even starting to go 6-7 hours. I’m hoping this continues & only gets better from here on out.
We all absolutely adore this sweet little girl and couldn't imagine life without her. :)

5 comments:

Sorenson family trio said...

She is so precious. What adorable pictures of Emily. I can't wait to meet her. We look forward to seeing you all soon!!!!

Caroline said...

Hooray for good sleepers! That makes all the difference, doesn't it? I'm still waiting for Sophie to get a little better. She certainly isn't hitting 6 to 7 hours at a time yet, but I'm glad for you that Emily is! She is adorable!

Joey and Michelle Chandler Family said...

Love the pictures of her in the pink blanket. So precious. Girls are so fun with all of their accessories :). I hope our four girl cousins get to get together, I agree with you, they would definitely have fun!

Caity said...

What a great baby she is! I love the pictures in the pink blanket. Adorable!

Brett and Lauren said...

SHe's so pretty!