Sunday, April 11, 2010

Happy Easter

I thought it would be fun to get some pictures for Easter while the kids were dressed up for church. While they're definitely not the 'picture perfect' masterpieces I was going for, I think they did a good job of capturing personalities. And once again, I was reminded as a mother, just how impossible the task of taking pictures really is, especially when you add a newborn to a group of 3 busy boys.
These are the acceptable pictures, I won't post the 30-something other outtakes, as funny as they are. I think I've let my expectations slide, maybe that's not a good thing, but it sure makes the process more enjoyable and entertaining. :) Maybe someday we'll get a good picture where everyone is happy, looking at the camera, sitting up, not doing something funny, and not giving a smirk or pained expression, maybe someday they'll even give a real SMILE! Or maybe not... but regardless, they're our cute, funny kids and we sure love them!




I was happy to get this one
Daddy enjoying his snuggle time before he has to leave again.
I know exactly how she feels...taking pictures is exhausting.

7 comments:

Caity said...

It can be frustrating, but you did a good job! Emily is just so precious!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

You are SO right. You really do just have to laugh and wait for 13 years to look back and LOVE that you can see the personality of your children as... well, children! I'm happy that that handsome group of boys now has a jewel to brighten things up even more. I can't wait to take my own pictures of her!

Amanda Stevens said...

I love the squinted eyes!!!

jor johnson said...

Your boys just need sunglasses and then they will smile just fine!! :) I love the pictures with personality. They are the ones you will love the most 30 years from now. Emily is such a beautiful little baby.

Janette said...

I love the Daddy-daughter one. So cute! I think every Daddy needs at least one daughter! :) (And of course every mom needs one too!) Your family is growing so big. Hope to see you guys in the not too distant future.

Kendra said...

So cute, you have a wonderfully beautiful family:) Hope that you guys are doing well!

Joey and Michelle Chandler Family said...

Cute Easter pics. I know how you feel about taking pictures sometimes being exhausting ;). I think Jacob looks so much like a Stevens and Caleb and Matthew look so Tanner. They are all such cute kids. Emily's little dress is adorable. How sad that Jeff has to leave every Sunday night... that's got to be so hard! When are you guys moving? After school gets out?