Saturday, January 30, 2010

Surprise Party


Jacob and his good friend Colin have birthdays a day apart. I wanted to do a party for Jacob this year, and my good friend Jordan came up with a fun idea to have a combined surprise birthday party for them with all of the boys in their class.

It was fun to plan the details and put everything together. The best part was that neither Jacob nor Colin had any idea that it was going to happen. All 12 boys in their class were invited and every single one of them ended up coming, plus an extra brother, and each of our 2 extra boys. It’s a good thing Ben & Jordan have a little extra space in their apartment because we sure needed it with the 17 boys & 4 adults that we there! Jordan and I were a little outnumbered that night! It was definitely crazy, but a lot of fun too.

Colin & Ben had picked up Jacob to go get some pizza and come over to play. As soon as they left, I loaded up the car and we headed over. It was fun to watch Jacob and Colin walk in and have everyone yell “Surprise!”

We had a fun and yummy dinner, played some games, sang happy birthday, had a lego cake that I made, and mostly tried to manage the fun chaos. I’ll tell you what, 5-6 year old boys are crazy! It was a wild, but fun and memorable night. I’m glad that both Colin and Jacob had a fun surprise birthday party!

6 comments:

MaryAnn said...

You are such a cool mom.

Perfectly Imperfect said...

You SO deserve a spa day after that!!! Super nice mom award.

Joey and Michelle Chandler Family said...

Wow, you moms were really nice to invite 17 boys! That would be crazy, but so fun for them. The Lego cake was cool, nice job on that! I'm impressed with everything you get done being pregnant. Are you feeling pretty good?

Alissa said...

What an AWESOME party! I bet the boys had a total blast! You & jordan are amazing to pull something like that off! Great job:) Happy birthday to Jacob:)

Karissa said...

You are very brave to face so many...

Michelle & Steve said...

What a fun party! I am loosing track of time...how long will you guys be in Philly? What are your plans after the residency? Anyway, love your blog...so crazy to see your kids though and feel like I don't recognize them because they are 3 such BIG boys now!