One thing we knew we would have to get with our new baby is a car seat. Our previous one was used for all three boys and well...it was pretty much done for it. Despite the wear & use, we might have been able to use it again, had it not been that it had been stored in our trailer and due to the heat, the plastic had warped out of shape.
After having three little boys, I was really excited at first to get a really girly-looking car seat. However, after a lot of looking around, I decided that I didn't really love the 'girl' looking car seats and decided to just go for a classic, gender neutral one.
Regardless of colors and themes, car seats are expensive and I wasn't looking forward to dishing out a bunch of money, but a car seat is definitely a necessity, and I agree with advice of not buying a used car seat from someone I don't know.
One day while looking around on Kohls.com for a going-home outfit (early, yes... but can you blame me?) I discovered that Kohls.com carries baby gear, including carseats! One of the greatest things I love about Kohls is their sales; especially when they're combined with promotional deals. Well, it just so happened that they were having a sale on all their baby items & also having a promotional deal that if you used a Kohl's card you could save an additional 15, 20 or 30% off your purchase. We use cash for our purchases, so it was fine to use our Kohl's card and then pay it right off with the cash set aside for the car seat anyway.
After looking around, I found a car seat on their site that I loved! The colors are perfect, the design was great, and it's gotten great reviews. The best part of all, the car seat was normally $130, but it was on sale for $116. After using the 30% off coupon, I was able to get the car seat for about $80! You really can't beat that for a nice, brand new car seat. I've already gotten the car seat and I love, love it! It really is one of the most comfortable, high quality car seats I've seen & I love the special extra features like the extra removable padding for newborns, and extra length so babies can use it longer before outgrowing the height requirement.
As an added bonus, the 30% off coupon also applied to the cute going-home outfit that I found which made it cost about $10 (which is more than I usually like to pay for an outfit, but you only get to choose one going-home outfit & I figured it was worth it). Since the total amount was over $75, I got free shipping as well. I love it when you can find great deals! I still have a lot more to do & things to get before we'll be ready for a baby, but it's nice to know that a few things are taken care of!

12 comments:
That outfit is so cute!! I can't wait to meet your little girl!
Kohls is seriously the best! I've always been excited about the deals I've gotten there. I can't wait to meet your little girl :)
thats awesome! congrats on the good sale! and i LOVE the outfit! and its sooo exciting you and Kristie will be having girls close together! they will have so much fun together!!
OH! I am getting so excited for you. I can hardly wait to see this sweet baby.
I'm such a big fan of Kohl's too!! Doesn't the anticipation and waiting just kill you?? You're so close!!
So cute! I'm trying to find a good car seat right now too! I think I'm going to look at Kohl's stuff too! Thanks for the suggestion Ang! Our girls could have twiner car seats!
That is a darling little outfit.
Way to go on getting some good deals! That looks like a nice carseat and the outfit is adorable. I didn't know Kristie was having a girl. How fun.
So cute! Love the carseat and the outfit! I hope I get to meet her before we leave!
I want to hold your baby in her going home outfit! Please???
seriously CUTE outfit! oh...can't wait to see her...great deal on the carseat too...love it when that happens!
Post a Comment