Sunday, November 22, 2009

Random November

I find that I usually have a few random pictures/happenings from each month, and they usually end up in a ‘catch-up’ random blog, but I enjoy seeing the pictures and looking back at them later.

I can tell when we’ve had a busy day. Matthew always fights me on taking a nap; he has so much energy that he can usually make it through the day just fine without one. But if he’s had a busy day and he’s tired enough, he can fall asleep anywhere, in his car seat, on the couch or even on the floor.


If Caleb sees me taking a picture of someone or something else, he’ll usually ask that I take a picture of him as well.

We did our traditional “Thankful Tree” family home evening this past week. It’s always fun to sit down together and write down things that we are thankful for. It’s usually pretty entertaining to see some of the things that the boys come up with.

I was in charge of snacks this week for Jacob’s kindergarten class. Fortunately they let us bring in homemade snacks so I don’t just have to stick to plain old store bought snacks. I especially love it when it gets close to holidays because you can find some creative ideas. On Friday when I came in to help in his class, we brought these rice krispy treats made to look like corn on the cob, with fruit roll ups for the husks. Only bummer is that it’s impossible to find plain green fruit roll ups, so we had to go with a red/green combination. The kids loved them anyway.

I decided it was time for a change and cut my hair. It was a quick decision and Jeff was sure surprised when he came home from work on Tuesday night, but it’s fun to have a change and I’m enjoying the new style. It’s definitely a lot quicker & easier to do!

Friday night, Jeff and I had a date night out. We finally got around to using a gift certificate to a restaurant that we got last year for Christmas. It was fun to spend the evening together. I love date nights!


I was also fortunate enough to be able to go with our Young Women's presidency & leaders to a regional training meeting. Elaine Dalton, the general young women's president was there with other general authorities to do some training. We ended up being right on the front row when we broke up into groups. It was such a neat experience to be right there with her, close enough that we could have reached out and touched her if we had tried. It was a neat experience to have such an intimate, close meeting with such an incredible lady! She is such an inspiration and I think we all came away feeling very uplifted.

3 comments:

Alissa said...

Your hair looks so cute! I love it! It's fun to change it up every once in a while isn't it?! Oh Blessed date night! Glad you guys could go out & spend some time together:)

Sorenson family trio said...

Cute hair!!! It looks great. How fun t have a change.
Gina

Debbie said...

Cute hair cut. I can't wait to see it in person!