Sunday, November 22, 2009

Chili Cook Off

Our ward always has an annual 'Chili Cook Off' in the fall. We were able to enjoy it last night. There were thirteen people participating in the chili contest and it was sure fun to see everyone and try all the fantastic varieties of chili.
(The Fabulous Chili Cooks)
I thought about making some chili, but then our Saturday ended up being busy so I ended up just doing a double batch of cornbread and brownies to go along with the meal. After I saw the 13 pots on the table I didn't feel too bad! Everything tasted great and the judges (the missionaries) did a good job of awarding prizes to the top chilies, although I think the awards could easily have gone to any of the entries!

The boys had fun trying the yummy food and having fun with their friends. This is definitely one of my favorite activities of the year.

2 comments:

Austin & Shawnee said...

I bet that was way fun. I love chili....probably too much.

Joey and Michelle Chandler Family said...

Cute hair cut! I bet it takes a lot less time to blow dry :). I love your thankful tree and corn husk rice krispie treat ideas. Very clever.