Caleb & Matthew had their 2-year old & 4-year old well visits last week. Caleb is pretty good, he just likes to talk the doctor's ear off, whether it's his turn or not. I had talked to him beforehand about getting his shots. I knew he'd be getting a few, and I've always found that if we talk about it before, it usually works out better. He told me that even though it would hurt a little, he would be brave because, after all, he *is* 4-years old now, and a big boy. Well, he flinched a bit on the first one, whimpered on the 2nd; and then he decided that was enough! The nurses had to hold him down while he was yelling that he didn't want them to poke him again. I felt bad for him, he had to get 5 shots, poor kid. He did recover very quickly when he found out that he got stickers AND 2 toys out of the prize box.
Matthew has decided that he just plain out doesn't like to be at the doctor's office, until it's time for the prize box of course. He's usually a pretty good little boy and likes to smile and charm people around him, but it changes at the doctor's office. He likes to get into everything he shouldn't, pull everything out of my purse, run away from the doctor, cry when she touches him, and of course start to cry inconsolably when the nurses walk in with the shots on the tray. I was so glad he only had to get one shot! It was over before he really knew what was happening.
Anyway, I was glad when that appointment was over...I felt like I was the one in need of the Tylenol! Just kidding, it really wasn't that bad, I'm just glad it's not something we have to do everyday!
Caleb's 4-Year Old Stats
Weight: 41 Pounds
Height: 41.5 Inches
(86th percentile for weight and 85th percentile for height.)
Matthew's 2-Year Old Stats
Weight: 27 Pounds
Height: 35.5 Inches
(36th percentile for weight and 76th percentile for height)
2 comments:
I totally get it! It's okay to admit that you don't like it and it was horrible :) It really is not fun for probably any mom...or child!
I FORCE Brad to take the kids to get shots. When they start poking and my kids look at me as if to say "HELLO!!! WHY ARE YOU JUST STANDING THERE WHILE THIS JERK IS MORTALLY WOUNDING ME??? I THOUGHT YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO LOVE ME!!!" I want to start punching the nurse too. Can't do it. Don't do it. I know. I am totally a whimp. So what - you want to make something of it??? HUH??? DO YOU??? Fine. I conceed to being a complete whimp and I embrace everything that goes with it.
Do you go to Dr. Cramer?
Post a Comment