Sunday, February 15, 2009

The 'Fourteen' Days of Valentine's

I really believe I have just about the sweetest, most thoughtful husband ever. I keep telling him he should write a book about how to be a good husband....he could make millions. :) These are the things he did for the "14 Days of Valentines". Jeff would get up and get everything in place before he left for work in the mornings. The only problem with having your husband doing something so awesome is that it's hard to come up with a gift worthy of them!
We were actually able to hire a babysitter for Friday night, and enjoyed a night out together. Too bad I forgot my camera, we had fun going out to eat and spending time together. I am grateful to Jeff, it was a fun and memorable Valentine's Day (& fourteen days).

  • On the fourteenth day of Valentine’s my true love gave to me, two dozen roses, daisies, and “14 hugs and kisses”.
  • On the thirteenth day of Valentine’s my true love gave to me, “13 Pixie Sticks” Jeff also stuck lots of little foam hearts & flowers all over the table, with an "I love You" right in front.
  • On the twelfth day of Valentine’s my true love gave to me, “12 Lip Glosses- for all those kisses on day 14 of course!” Jeff had also made a path of rose petals leading to the table and the gift. The boys thought this was awesome! (For some reason blogger keeps turning the 2nd picture sideways)
  • On the eleventh day of Valentine’s my true love gave to me: “11 Sweet Hearts” Jeff had written all sorts of names on the ‘to’s and from’s To: My Eternal Companion From: Your Best Friend, To: My Super Sexy Lady From: Your Hunk Muffin, To: Applesauce From: Burrito Boy, To: My Compadre From: Tu Amigo Eterna, To: My Best Friend From: Big Daddy, To: Honey Buns From: Your Dreamer, To: My Love From: Your Honey
  • On the tenth day of Valentine’s my true love gave to me: “Ten Chocolate Truffles” and balloons in the shape of a heart.
  • On the ninth day of Valentine’s my true love gave to me: “9 Sweet Tarts” Sweet tart candy in the shape of a heart, and little heart confetti on the table.
  • On the eighth day of Valentine’s my true love gave to me: “8 Blueberry Muffins” Jeff got up early and made my favorite blueberry muffin recipe, put the muffins in the shape of a heart, and cut out lots of hearts and put them around the table.
  • On the seventh day of Valentine’s my true love gave to me: “7 Bit 'O Honey’s” Jeff made a necklace with sprees and bit-o-honey candy. The boys were pretty impressed with my necklace.
  • On the sixth day of Valentine’s my true love gave to me: “6 Candles a Burning” ‘I love you Ang, I hope you have a wonderful day.’
  • On the fifth day of Valentine’s my true love gave to me: “5 Bottles of Nail Polish… and a lot more hugs and kisses.”
  • On the fourth day of Valentine’s my true love gave to me: “4 pairs of (well needed) nylons.” (more sideways pictures)
  • On the third day of Valentine’s my true love gave to me: “3 Silky Hair Shampoos”
  • On the second day of Valentine’s my true love gave to me “Two sets of lip stick, and two packages of beef jerky.”
  • On the day of Valentine’s my true love gave to me: “One home spa set, and a spa gift certificate.”

10 comments:

teresa said...

How fun! What a great guy! Sounds like you had a wonderful 14 days of Valentining!

Karl & Leslie said...

That's fun! He is a Great guy! I'm glad you had a fun 14 days!

Sorenson family trio said...

Wow!! I did not realize how creative my brother is. Way to go Jeff. Take care good care of your sweet heart.

Gigi

Annette said...

How thoughtful! Jeff really made you feel like a queen. Lucky you!

Tamar and Trevor said...

What a great hubby!

Sharesa Larsen said...

Super cute and what an amazing husband!

Amanda Stevens said...

Scott says "well done brother" !! I am most impressed with his early mornings and baking abilities. That took some serious preparation.

Joey and Michelle Chandler Family said...

Wow! I am impressed. I bet that took a lot of thought and preperation! Sounds like you've had a great morning every day this month! :) Good job Jeff, that's got to give you lots of points with your wife ;).

Joey and Michelle Chandler Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
K'Lyn said...

Okay so I don't think I could have even come up with that many, let alone all the sweet ways to present them! Way to go.