Friday night we had a fun, combined birthday party planned for Jacob and his best friend’s little brother (Andrew’s brother Ethan). We were going to meet up with a group of friends from the ward at a great indoor play land to celebrate both boys’ birthdays. During the day we made a big pan of brownies, and I made some birthday crowns for both boys.
Jeff had a lecture in Philadelphia that he had to be to. Fortunately it started at 1:30, so he had plenty of time to make it back in time for the party. Unfortunately things don’t always work out as planned. Jeff got caught in bad traffic on the way home due to accidents caused by the weather. I expected him home by at least 5pm, and he didn’t make it back until almost 7:30pm. The other thing was that his phone had died, so I couldn’t even get a hold of him; I was more than a little worried. I was sad that we missed our own party, but just grateful that Jeff made it back fine. We ended up having a movie night at home, and enjoyed some brownie sundaes. (The Playland was a good 45 minute drive away)
The boys were great sports. They were sad that we weren’t able to go be with our friends and have a party, but they were really sweet about the whole thing, and didn’t complain at all. Jeff and I decided to take them to Chuck-E-Cheese the next morning.
So we spent Saturday morning at Chuck-E-Cheese with the boys. Luckily we made it out early enough before it started to get really crowded. We had a good time, and although it wasn’t quite the same as a party with friends, we enjoyed the time together as a family. One of my favorite parts was getting pictures in the little sketch booth- it can get interesting when you try to fit five people in there! (Oh-and I hit the jackpot on one of the games and won lots of tickets. :)







1 comment:
Jacob,
I hope you had a wonderful birthday. It was fun to talk to you on the phone. You look so handsome! I can't wait to see you and give you a hug! I love you!
Love,
Grandma Tanner
Post a Comment