This weekend has been a memorable one in many ways. On Saturday I had originally planned to run a half marathon, but due to clumsiness during a volleyball game I pulled a muscle and spent the week with ice and ibuprofen instead. I was disappointed, but it did give us the opportunity to go to the
It was actually our first time. (Bank of America has a great new “Museums On Us” program that allows you to go to a variety of museums for free on the first weekend of each month) It was fun, and the boys did surprisingly well- I was grateful we came out without any ‘touching’ or ‘bumping’ incidents. Jacob and Caleb loved looking at the amazing art- some more than others. Their favorite was the armory, that was full of knights, armor, swords, guns, and other things that are amazing to little boys & Daddy’s alike. We spent a good deal of time there before heading over to the European Art section- which was also amazing, but not quite as entertaining for children under 5.
We could have spent a lot longer, but we needed to head back for General Conference and sweet Matthew had fallen asleep on Jeff’s shoulder because he was so tired-so it was good we were heading home.
Unfortunately we were a little late getting back & completely missed the announcement that: PHILADELPHIA IS GETTING A TEMPLE!!!! After 6 years of waiting for this moment, the one conference that we’re not listening is the one they make the announcement at! I got a phone call from Kimberly congratulating us soon after. Thanks to technology, we were able to go back and watch the announcement almost immediately. It’s amazing, even listening to President Thomas S. Monson make the announcement afterwards, the emotions we felt, and the feelings of gratitude and joy were overwhelming. This area has waited a long time, and this announcement of a temple is seen as nothing less than a miracle. I am so grateful and so excited, even though the temple will probably be completed after we leave the area. We will definitely think of the
This General Conference was memorable in ways even beyond the wonderful announcement of a temple. (…thankfully it wouldn’t be memorable just from having sick kids…poor boys, and lots of laundry) Usually during the four sessions of General Conference I get to watch, there are a few talks that really stand out and seem to hit close to home. This conference was the same except that it really seemed to be almost every talk. Every single talk given was absolutely amazing and so inspired. Once again, I’m grateful for the blessing of technology because I would like to just replay the sessions over and over again to listen to the wonderful words of counsel and advice given from our leaders. I can’t help but feel blessed to live at such a wonderful time here upon the earth.
8 comments:
Ang,
I was thinking of you yesterday and all those sweet primary children you have taught! They will now have the blessings of temple covenants in their backyard. Congratulations! I am sorry about your strain. I didn't realize that you had trouble with your running. I was missing out on a race Saturday also. It was nice to hear conference and broaden my perspective. I hope you are having a great Monday!
I thought about you guys when I heard the announcement about the temple! How exciting! :)
I'm sorry about your pulled muscle, but it sounds like you turned your weekend into something really fun anyway! I'm going to have to get in on that Bank of America free day!
I'm really excited about the Temple too, I haven't lived here long at all, but I'm kind of proud to be here when they announced it!
I missed the announcement too and couldn't believe it! It is pretty wonderful! I will come back and go one day if we are not here when it is finished.
I thought of you when I heard that! How cool! It really was a memorable weekend! I loved it too.
The pictures you take of your boys are always so amazing! What handsome lookers. Conference always comes just in time for us. I think all the general authorities use technology they don't tell us about to stare straight into my soul and speak wisdom and comfort at me. In a non creepy way.
Oh P.S. - In case you were trying to reach me at my old email address, it has been spammed out in a major way. So we have switched to the new and improved family email: thebarberbuzz@yahoo.com
Don't sell it to the spammers. :)
Hooray for a temple. We were so excited to hear about it - it will be such a blessing to the people of Philly.
Post a Comment