Monday, October 27, 2008

Halloween Party Part 1

I think our boys probably get confused about the real celebration of Halloween because there are usually 3-4 parties before the actual holiday. Not that I mind, as long as we can limit the candy a bit...:)
Friday night, our ward had a Halloween party and Trunk-or-Treat. Last year after seeing my sister do it, I had a fun idea to have our family dress up like the Incredibles. Unfortunately the rest of the family didn't share my enthusiasm for the idea so I ended up the lone superhero. (I think the deal breaker for Jeff was the red tights) Jacob & Caleb opted for 'Ninja' costumes, and when I was at Old Navy (checking out their $1.50 clearance shirts) I saw a little costume that I immediately fell in love with for Matthew. It was a little red dragon with blue & yellow accents. They had it on the little manequin boy and I just couldn't resist it. Plus, it was on sale for $11, and really...you can't beat that for a high quality costume.
So I guess we went as the Chinese Ninjas, the Chinese dragon, and Chinese??? superhero? Hmm. At least I had the holiday spirit to dress up. Jeff went as his handsome self.
The boys had fun playing games that night, donughts on a string, pin the nose on the pumpkin, beanbag toss, and cupcake walk.

5 comments:

Perfectly Imperfect said...

That is SO fun. Our attempts at family themed dress up never turn out either - although last year Brad and I did go as Mad-eye Moody and Belatrix LeStrange. Tell Jeff I think he would look cute in red tights!

Joey and Michelle Chandler Family said...

Those costumes are so cute! The boys look great and you look cute too! Joey's not to into dressing up either. I think he's going to be a Boise State fan this year. Now there's a stretch!

Holly Sanders said...

hey, nice costume! Did you borrow that from your sister, or created it yourself. Very nice, too bad the rest of the family didn't agree--that would have been an awesome onsomble--nevertheless--everyone looked great!

Heather and Parker Lyons said...

Angela!
I love the Mrs. Incredible costume! I cannot believe how thin you are after three kids. You like you're still in high school! Good to see how things are doing!

Karissa said...

I bet the Incredibles Movie was at least translated into Chinese ;-) I think everyone looked great!

And I would love to hear your rat story any time - sounds interesting! =)