On Thursday, Jacob & Caleb had a preschool field trip to Freddy Hills Farm. It was nice to be able to go this year. The preschool went last year too, but I was 2 weeks away from having a baby & it was pouring rain. It ended up being a perfect day and so much fun, especially with such a big group.
We started out with a hay ride on a straw-filled trailer being pulled by a tractor. Even Matthew was perfectly content to sit and enjoy the ride. It made me laugh that the thing the kids were most excited about was seeing all the rows of corn. We went past the cornfields and ended up at a cute little pumpkin patch where the boys were able to pick out a perfect child-sized pumpkin.
It was fun to watch the boys going around from pumpkin to pumpkin to find the perfect one. Jacob chose a bigger one, Caleb chose a smaller one, and Matthew got a cute little baby one that I picked out. The hardest part was just trying to get them all to look at the camera at the same time. They were too enthralled with all the pumpkins and people.
We took another hayride back to the main area and headed over to the corn maze. I figured it would be a pretty basic and easy maze, but I underestimated the designers! I got turned around and we almost headed right back out the entrance.
I think the most difficult part though, was trying to keep up with Jacob and Caleb. They were so excited that they kept running ahead. At one point we lost Caleb for a little while. (typical...) Fortunately we had a big group so we caught up with him eventually. We finally found the end of the maze too; complete with a giant slide. It was so fun that Caleb decided he’d go again…
The final stop of our trip was at the creamery for yummy homemade ice cream. That was definitely a welcome sight- especially since it had warmed up into the upper 60’s, and because I had been chasing the boys around a cornmaze!
I think one reason I enjoyed the field trip so much was because it reminded me a little of my grandparents’ farm in Idaho. The fields, tractors, barn, animals, even the smell. Some might complain about it, but I love it because it was such a big part of my childhood. I spent a lot of time out on that farm and wish so much my kids could have the same chance- (they will when we come back I guessJ) . I also couldn’t help but like the man who drove our hayride because he also reminded me a little of my grandpa. I miss those days. Anyway, it was sure nice to spend the afternoon out in the country again. The field trip was fun for everyone, pumpkin patches are great- just another reason I love the fall!
5 comments:
That sums up Eliza's pre-school field trip this week. I love the pumpkin farms and watching the kids try and pack a pumpkin to the weigh stations. It looks like fun. Good luck tommorrow!!! Go Ang on the long run...I will be thinking about you as I attempt a similar feat. Your boys are so cute, always matching. I remember those days.
That looks like tons of fun! Fall time is always so fun!
I love those pumpkin farms. We are going to one this week, if my husband can ever get home before midnight!
TAG you're it! Check out my blog to see what to do next!
I love going to get pumpkins! It sounds like such a fun field trip!
I love picking pumpkins! There is nothing more PA than Pumpkin Picking. I wish we were there with you some times. I think having you here would satisfy that urge though. When are you coming again?
Post a Comment