Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!

Halloween this year was so much fun! Over the past couple weeks we’ve cut out Halloween decorations to put up on our window. Jacob and Caleb have loved doing little pumpkins, spiders, ghosts, witches, etc. They loved sticking them on the window and pulling them off again. My handy little cricut machine has definitely gotten some good use!

Jacob was a gorilla again this year. It was the same costume he wore last year, but he really likes it and wanted to wear it again. That was great for me, simple & easy. Caleb ended up going as a Cowboy this year. It was pretty much some clothes he had & some Dollar store accessories. I wasn’t sure what to do with Matthew, even the 0-3 month costumes were way too big. I figured he would just go as himself, then my friend gave me a cute little onesie with a mummy on it, so even he had some Halloween spirit! (Thanks Sara!)


We had a ward Halloween party on Friday the 26th. Jeff had to work late so we missed some of the early games & festivities, but we were able to do the trick-or-treat at the church. People decorated doors around the building and everyone went trick-or-treating to the doors. I did a door myself & handed out candy, so Jeff took the boys around & they had a great time. It was fun to be with friends, and see everyone all dressed up.

On Monday, for Family Home Evening we carved our pumpkins. (Finally!) Jacob and Caleb loved helping to pick out the designs. Daddy was kind enough to do the cutting & scooping of the yucky stuff inside (I’m not a fan of that part). And then I cut out the designs while Jacob & Caleb watched. It was fun to put the candles inside & see them all lit up outside on the dark balcony. When they boys saw them they just started to laugh & thought it was so fun. I love the excitement of kids!

On Tuesday the 30th, Jacob had a Halloween party at Preschool. He had a blast and was so excited to wear his gorilla costume to preschool. They played games, made skeletons, painted pictures, and Jacob’s personal favorite- made yummy caramel apples. Caleb was definitely wishing he had been in preschool that day! Jacob was kind enough to share it with everyone though.

On Wednesday the boys could hardly wait to get all dressed up to go Trick-or-Treating. Jacob asked me about fifteen times throughout the day if it was time to go yet. They were so excited when Jeff finally got home and they were able to get ready. We made yummy chicken noodle soup for dinner, and had yummy apple cider. Then we went through the whole ordeal of trying to get them to smile for some pictures. It’s so hard to do when they know what’s coming! Finally we headed out to go trick-or-treating. We couldn’t have asked for better weather, it was a nice clear night with temperatures in the low 60’s. There is a neighborhood that we love for trick-or-treating here. It’s not too far from where we live and the people are really friendly, plus they’re pretty generous so it doesn’t take a long time! We parked at the bottom of the street, went up one side & back down the other and called it good. We all walked together, and Jeff would take the boys up to the doors while I waited with Matthew (who was perfect the entire time). The boys absolutely loved it. Especially Caleb! He couldn’t believe everyone was just giving him candy by him asking for it. He was so excited and would say “trick-or-treat” & “Happy Halloween” to everyone we passed. At one point when Jeff was trying to empty some of the candy out of Caleb’s bag to make it lighter, he told him, “Don’t touch!” He pretty much had an iron grip on it the entire night. Jacob had a good time too, but it was funny, when we got done with the street he said, “I think that’s good.” Both boys had such a great time. I love Halloween, and I especially love it with kids. Halloween is so fun when they’re this age!

4 comments:

Cathie said...

Happy Halloween! What a great family! Interesting facts about your socks. I am with you on the tv shows. We don't have a tv either and I am completely clueless when the conversation is about shows. Little Matthew is SO SO sweet. I love that peanut stage too. I hope you find time to hold and smell him with the other two! Cute, cute family.

Alyssa said...

Cute costumes! Matthew is so tiny! I'm glad you guys had a good time!

sara cardon said...

I've loved observing the decorating of your glass windows-- the little cut-outs are so cute and fun!! Currently, I really like the marker or whatever it is up there.:)

nathalia said...

What a fun time you had for the holiday!