Sunday, October 7, 2007

Conference Weekend

This weekend was conference weekend. I always look forward to it. The only bummer was that we’re not with family at this time. There’s something about conference that gets me reminiscing about time with family and memories of watching conference all together. We did have a good time though, even with all the distractions that come from being a parent and trying to help your children to be reverent. We felt fortunate being able to watch conference. Usually all we could do was listen to it on the internet, but now you can even watch through BYU Television online, makes you grateful for technology. Plus it seems a little more like General Conference when you can actually see the speakers & singers rather than just listen. We also went to the church for the Sunday morning session, which was nice, and being at the church even for a couple hours makes it seem more like Sunday. Jacob and Caleb did pretty well, and I know they felt the spirit at times. It makes me grateful and I hope that it will be a constant thing throughout their lives. One thing for sure, listening to the wonderful messages sure gives you a renewed sense of the importance of striving to live righteously, having your life in order, and trying hard to be a good parent and raise your children in righteousness. It can seem overwhelming; it’s so easy to get caught up in everyday life and the general busy-ness of everything. I appreciate the leaders of the church because they tell you what you need to do and focus on, and yet they are very encouraging and have faith in our abilities.
Anyway, it was a fun weekend & enjoyable to spend the time together as a family! (Just a couple pictures of the boys. I couldn't resist the one of Caleb, he's so serious!)

2 comments:

Cannon Fam said...

Your boys are so big! I can't believe you're almost due. You don't even look pregnant from the front! It's fun to read your blog, are you enjoying being back in Philly? Good luck w/ the new baby!

Kari said...

I loved reading your blog about conference. We loved being able to watch it on the internet as well.
My heart said amen to your coments especially, having a stronger desire to be a valiant mother, & how great it feels to know that our leaders have confidence in us.
ps. we're here to watch your boys if you should need us. :)