Jacob turned 9 years old on January 28th! I think his very favorite gift for his birthday was a 2-hour late start to school because of snow. He still had to go to school, but at least it wasn't until 10:15. We were able to make waffles-Jacob's favorite- and have breakfast as a family. It was great!
At 10am when the kids had to get to school, we loaded everyone up and first took Caleb to school, then I drove to Jacob's school and dropped him off with a big platter of cupcakes for his class. It was nice that he didn't have to ride the bus on his birthday either.
That night we had a family celebration with dinner, gifts, and birthday cake of course. I'm not sure why I didn't get more pictures, but it was a fun night to spend together.
We are so grateful for this wonderful boy! I can't believe he's already 9 years old. He's been such a great oldest child, and a wonderful big brother and friend. I'm always so grateful for how responsible and mature he has always been. There have been just a couple times earlier this year when my alarm didn't go off for some reason. I woke up- seeing the clock say 7:30 and completely panicked because Jacob catches the bus at 7:25! I ran downstairs, but Jacob was nowhere to be found. This 2nd grade boy got himself up, got breakfast, all his school supplies together, a lunch packed and got himself on the bus all by himself before 7:25am. I felt terrible for missing it- but I am so grateful to have such a sweet son who is so responsible. He has been this way for his entire life. He has always been very aware and sensitive of others. He is kind and thoughtful and responsible. Our whole family is so grateful every single day for our Jacob!
Happy Birthday Jacob! We love you!



No comments:
Post a Comment