Jeff's birthday was on Friday, April 12th and Courtney's actual due date. Luckily, she decided to come early on Tuesday the 9th, so we were home the day before daddy's birthday. I knew it would probably be a little crazy on Jeff's birthday, so I had all the presents bought and wrapped the weekend before. My wonderful friend and neighbor Tania asked if she could bring dinner over Friday night. She is a fabulous cook- we enjoyed a fantastic dinner of ribs, homemade macaroni and cheese, glazed carrots and even a birthday cake and card. Definitely a much better meal than I would have pulled off with a 3-day old baby! I'm so grateful for wonderful friends.
We kept everything pretty simple- the decorations were pretty basic, but the kids were excited to give dad all the gifts. He got some new clothes, a new gym bag, a gift card for a 1 hour massage, and some new squash equipment. He was pretty excited about it. We opened gifts then did cake and ice cream. I had bought some cute candles that also happened to be the re-lighting kind. It was a feat in and of itself to get all 36 candles lit in the first place- but it was even funnier to watch Jeff blow them out and watch them continue to relight. The kids thought it was hilarious!
After cake and ice cream we got all the kids in bed and then just enjoyed spending some time together. Pretty much meaning we sat in the living room and watched Courtney. We both agreed that really the very best gifts we have as parents is our children. Courtney was the sweetest gift we had that day. We both love this precious newborn stage- it passes all too quickly and you have to enjoy it as much as you can. I think we were both tired enough that we were in bed by about 10pm. Happy Birthday Jeff! Welcome to life. :)
2 months ago






No comments:
Post a Comment