Friday, February 3, 2012

School Sock Hop Carnival

One Friday night this month, we headed over to the kids' school where the PTO was putting on a Sock Hop Carnival. They had the whole place all done up with a carnival theme. There were tons of games and activities for all the kids, lots of food, and a sock hop/dance in the gym.
Emily loved playing all the games and collecting the little prizes in her bag.
The boys had fun playing the games and seeing many of their friends. They had their tickets and their bags and had fun running around the school all night. They're sure getting old and independent!
The musical chairs game was one of the most popular, and it was easy to see why. I was about ready to join in the game myself when I saw that huge table full of amazing baked goods! Matthew was pretty happy with the cake pop he won from the game.

After the kids had their fill of games and activities, we headed into the gym where we met up with a bunch of our friends and watched the kids bust their moves. I've loved getting to know so many families around the area. Anytime the school puts on an event, there is always a great turnout and I think it's just as much fun for the adults as it is for the kids because it gives us a chance to visit with friends and neighbors.
It was so funny to watch all the kids. I was dying laughing watching them- especially Caleb. That boy has some serious moves! They did some fun activities during the dance too- Jacob did a great job in the hoola hoop contest.
Emily was a little shy at first, but eventually she too warmed up to the music and was running all around the gym showing off her moves.

I was able to capture a short video of some of her dancing. It was a great night, and I'm glad we were able to go!

1 comment:

The Petersons said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I always loved my school carnival as a kid!