Jacob & Caleb working on valentines for thier classmates, Jeff helping Jacob with his Valentine box. Matthew helping me make a couple batches of sugar cookies, and Emily right in the middle of all the action.
Caleb & Matthew's classes were making Valentine boxes at school, but Jacob's teacher asked the kids to make their own and bring them. I showed him some cool ideas, but Jacob wanted to have a Perry the Platypus Valentine box. Seriously? A platypus!? Lucky for Jacob, he has a super awesome dad that was ready to take on the challenge. I helped with the supplies, and this is what they came up with. We were all pretty impressed!
Jacob was so excited to take 'Perry' to school. All the kids thought it was great and loved sticking the valentines into his mouth. I'm grateful that Jeff was so willing to take on the project!
These are the valentines that we did for Jacob, Caleb, & Matthew's classes. I probably should have just done some easy store bought cards, but I thought the idea was cute and the boys were helpful in putting them together.
I volunteered to make cookies for Jacob and Matthew's classes, and we decided we might as well do a few more for teachers, friends, and neighbors.
It was fun to watch the kids come home with all their cute valentines. They had fun opening up all the cards and reading the notes. (and eating the candy...) This was Matthew's first year of a Valentine's Day party and he was so excited. I loved watching him open all his cards and say, "This is for me!?" and "____ is my friend!" Sweet little guy.
With everything else going on, I didn't plan too much of a Valentine's Day for us, but I have a super sweet husband who spoiled me this year. A couple days before Valentine's Day, Jeff set up a manicure & pedicure for me. My very first experience ever! Not only did I get to go spend an evening getting pampered, but it also happened to be the same night as Parent Teacher Conferences & Book Club. So Jeff took all four kids to the conferences by himself! To top off his night, he got called in for an emergency right before the parent teacher conferences, so he took the kids to his office with him first and then to the conferences. I was feeling a little guilty, as I said goodbye for the manicure/pedicure and book club night, but I was also grateful for a sweet husband.
On Valentine's Day, Jeff left me some beautiful flowers and a card that morning, and I gave him my gift . He also set up a couples massage for us. So we dropped the kids off, had some lunch, and spent the relaxing afternoon together. It was perfect. When it comes to being romantic, Jeff is pretty much the best. Happy Valentine's Day!
These are the valentines that we did for Jacob, Caleb, & Matthew's classes. I probably should have just done some easy store bought cards, but I thought the idea was cute and the boys were helpful in putting them together.
On Valentine's Day, Jeff left me some beautiful flowers and a card that morning, and I gave him my gift . He also set up a couples massage for us. So we dropped the kids off, had some lunch, and spent the relaxing afternoon together. It was perfect. When it comes to being romantic, Jeff is pretty much the best. Happy Valentine's Day!
1 comment:
Wow, Jeff did good! Cute Valentine box and cute valentines!!!
Post a Comment