Thursday, October 20, 2011

Carving Pumpkins

It's that time of year again- carving pumpkins before Halloween. The month was busy enough, we didn't actually get to carving until the night before, but we got it done and the kids had fun. Jacob was pretty helpful cleaning the pumpkins out but Caleb & Matthew don't really like that part, and Jeff was busy with his institute lesson, so I ended up doing most of it. Emily loves to 'help' usually meaning sticking her hands in the pumpkin and playing with all the seeds and guts.



The finished products- nothing too spectacular. Jacob's was a storm trooper (actually he wanted Darth Vadar, but after seeing those 6-hour project patterns, I was able to talk him into something a little less involved). Caleb just wanted a happy pumpkin face, Matthew wanted ghost, Emily had a small happy face pumpkin and Jeff's was the eyeball, fitting don't you think? We had one more pumpkin, but I decided I would be just as happy if mine wasn't carved. They looked great all lit up on Halloween night.

No comments: