
Saturday, we spent the day enjoying time with family. The cousins had fun playing together, Kristie and Amanda and I were able to squeeze in a quick run together, and Jeff & Scott went biking. Later on that afternoon, we headed over to the church to help decorate for the reception. I'm not sure how much help Amanda and I ended up being with all the kids we had just between the two of us, but we had fun and the kids enjoyed running around.

We headed back to the church that night about 6:30 for the actual wedding reception. It was sure fun to see everyone and enjoy the evening together. Emilee and Jonny were so cute together.

Sometimes receptions can be a little crazy with all the kids and the late hours, but for the most part I really love wedding receptions. I love getting to spend a few hours with friends and family doing nothing but visiting and enjoying time together. I love being able to catch up with people I haven't seen in years. And I love that everyone is just happy to be together.




It was fun to have my family there for the evening too!



The real question is how to keep lots of little kids happy and entertained for a couple hours. Someone came very prepared with some fun DVD's that helped for some of the time.

And a reception wouldn't be complete without dancing, dancing, and more dancing. We all had a great time dancing the night away! I''ll take any chance I can get to having time dancing with Jeff- I'm glad he's such a willing partner.


Even Lilah was busting some pretty sweet moves!


Daddy-daughter dance.

My other dance partner. Matthew sure made a handsome, cute little partner.


I did have to share him with aunt Lacey too. What a ladies man!

At the end of the evening, Jonny & Emilee cut their cake before heading off. I had to laugh- Emi got him pretty good. Jonny was a smart man, listened to his mother and didn't retaliate with the frosting. :)

The escape vehicle- compliments of many younger siblings, nieces, nephews, and cousins.

It was certainly a fun and memorable evening.
2 comments:
Jeff and the groom look SO much alike! Crazy! I love Emily's cute skirt and your dress is totally smokin'!
Thanks for posting these....it teared me up a little and was so fun to see a bit of everyone...even in just pictures. Looking forward to seeing you all for Christmas!! love you guys:)
Post a Comment