Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Random February

These two boys have a lot of time together since Caleb only goes to preschool 2 days week. (He missed the kindergarten deadline by one day). They can drive each other crazy, but usually they're pretty good friends- you know they have to be if they're sharing one drink with two straws! Their latest favorite activity is to set up our big car ramp/track down the stairs and watch their cars race.

Emily is a sweetie, and usually loves to tag along with everyone, but she is still a mommy's girl and sometimes like to stand at my feet and beg to be picked up. I enjoy it while it lasts because I know it wont last long.

Well...maybe it will last a little while. Matthew is 3.5 and still does the same thing. "Hold me Mommy!" He's getting a little big to tote around though.

I thought this picture was cute. There was a big sale on diapers plus coupon, so I got a huge pack for super cheap. Apparently I got more than just diapers- it was a pretty entertaining toy for Emily for a while too. The box was almost as tall as she was.

We found a pretty cool local gym. We held out getting a pass because it was a little pricey, but we figured we'd sign up for just a couple months during the winter months to give us some fun options of things to do as a family. It has 8 indoor tennis courts, 8 racquetball courts, full fitness center with the works, rock climbing wall, activity center for kids, 2 pools and hot tubs, tons of classes, plus free childcare, and other things. Jeff and I have been taking advantage of great babysitters and try to go out every weekend if we can. This is usually what we do for date night- tennis, racquetball, hot tub, etc. In fact, the gym pass has turned into cheap date night activities when you break down the cost of how much we've used it. It's been worth every penny. It's fun to catch a movie or go out to eat every once in a while, but we really have a blast doing active things together that don't cost anything (other than the monthly gym fee).

The kids are fans too. They've loved being able to play in a pool again, especially since the pool is big and warm. Emily was so excited. Matthew loved the fact that the pool & the big hot tub are right next to each other so he could go back and forth.
I really miss the Roxborough YMCA in Philadelphia, but if we can't have that one near, this one has been a pretty good replacement. (Don't you love how Emily has the gym pass in her mouth..)

When I was at my parents, Kristie was showing me her latest facial product....coconut oil. She got the product from her mother-in-law Rita. It sounded crazy, but I decided to give it a try and I've really loved it. My face was constantly dry, especially after leaving a humid east coast climate. The coconut oil has been awesome and it seems to improve skin in many ways. I use this stuff from Amazon, cold-pressed, extra-virgin, unrefined, organic coconut oil. And yes, it's sold as cooking oil. The best part- at just .46 cents an ounce it's a heck of a lot cheaper than even the cheap generic brand facial lotion! And smells better too. :)

I've finally started to get back to really running more this past month. I think between a new baby, new jobs, multiple moves, no more running partners, and no gym-until this month, running had been put on the back burner. I'm still not back to where I was a couple years back in regards to speed, distance, endurance etc. but it's been great just to get out again. I still don't have any running buddies- really miss you all!- and I have to work around Jeff's schedule or go to the gym, but I'm just glad to get out. I've really been grateful for this little gadget. Jeff got me a Garmin Forerunner 301 a couple years ago on ebay for my birthday. The thing is an ancient model and the size of a small appliance- (I do have small wrists, but the thing is huge) but he got it for $30 and it works awesome! It tracks the time, distance, pace, laps, etc. I love this baby and I'm not getting a new one until I have to! :)

3 comments:

Tammy and Brian Family said...

What fun!!! Your kids are so adorable too! The gym is such an awesome idea, I love tennis, what a fun date! Hope you find some running partners soon! I loved running with friends before I was preggo!

Joey and Michelle Chandler Family said...

Sounds like you had a fun Presidents Day weekend. Glad Cole didn't keep the mullet ;). That's fun you got to go to Jr. Miss without the kids. I like the gym idea too. That sounds like a lot of fun. Too bad I totally stink at every sport that involves a raquet. That would be a fun date night. Joey's good at raquetball, but it wouldn't be any fun to play me....I need lessons.

Michelle & Steve said...

Yay! I love Spring too...happiest time of the year!