Bills are just a part of life. I don't know if anyone else has ever had this problem, but sometimes I'd find myself trying to remember what bills had been paid, which ones I still needed to schedule, and exactly how much more cash was going to come out of my bank account that month. A few years ago I got tired of keeping track in my head, or having to check the budget to remember, and came up with this little gem. Pretty simple, but completes its purpose.
When a bill has been paid, I fill in the box. When I've scheduled the payment or sent a check, I fill in half of the box. When the payment goes through, I fill in the rest of the box. It makes it easy to see at a glance what has been paid, what has been scheduled, and what still needs to be paid. Plus I can easily figure how much more is going to come out of the bank account for the month.
At the end of the month, I tear off the top sheet and start all over with the next month. As I said before, it's nothing fancy, pretty simple; but it allows me to feel organized with bill paying and that really makes me happy.
3 comments:
I love this! I am always so bad at bills so I am definitely going to do this. Thanks for sharing it!
You need to start a business being a professional home & life organizer!
What a fab idea, I think I will give this a try, it will help my mommy memory!
Post a Comment