I've really wanted an updated family picture, and finally it was bugging me enough that we took some family pictures on Sunday afternoon after church. I'd love to hire someone to do them like we did for the first time last year, but I don't know anyone in the area and we didn't really want to spend a big chunk money. So once again, we pulled out the handy dandy tripod and did our best with the self timer. (Apparently I have some very cool friends that do the same thing. :) I think the kids are getting this down- we didn't even have to put a piece of candy on top like we've done in the past.
It was a last minute thing- we literally spent 20 minutes, trying to get just once decent picture (i.e. everyone looking) with the limited backgrounds that are available in the yard. Definitely nothing too fabulous or fancy, but I was happy that we ended up with at least one that can go up on the wall for a little while until we have something else.
Family pictures can be such an ordeal sometimes- trying to get kids to cooperate for that one perfect picture! I know why people usually only get them done once a year. This time was actually better- maybe it's because we only spent about 20 minutes and didn't have to travel to get to the location, or maybe it's because I had ultra low expectations and everyone was pretty relaxed. Anyway, I'm glad it's done for now.


It's always fun to see the bloopers too- from Matthew trying to escape, to funny faces, sad faces, etc. Sometimes these ones are the best part. (as long as we have at least one good one:)
10 comments:
I think there are a number of great shots there! And with such a lovely family, how can you really go wrong? Who needs an "artistic" background... we want to see YOU!
Aw, those turned out cute! Funny that we did the same thing--great minds think alike!
That's awesome. You saved so much money, and got some great pictures! They look professional to me. Maybe I need to invest in a tri-pod.
You've got some really good ones there! Cute family =)
So cute! You have such a picture perfect family. Some of those bloopers are hard to beat though.
I love the fence in the background! They all turned out great and the mess ups are pretty funny to see.
You got some great shots. Good work!
very cute! I love the backgrounds. you have inspired me. time to update our picture.
Oh my goodness! I found your blog through Kristie and Tom's and can't believe how your kids are growing up! It's been forever since we've seen you! Hope everything is going well!
I think they look great! I thought you did have a professional take them. When your ready, my cousin just moved out to Philly and she's an excellent photographer! http://www.jackienorrisphoto.com/blog/
Post a Comment