We just said goodbye to Grandma and aunt Lacey yesterday afternoon. It was so fun to have them both here. Lacey was able to stay for two weeks, and Mom was here for one week. The time went by way too fast! We filled the days with fun and activities. We played at the park, got books at the library, had picnic lunches, pizza & movie nights, late-night talks & laughs, and were even able to squeeze in a quick shopping trip with only Matthew & Emily.
One of the boys' favorite things was playing games, especially Uno. They would play for hours with grandma and loved every minute. Every night before bed, the boys were able to play a few games of Uno once they had their pajamas on. They're pretty much hooked.
It was so helpful to have Mom and Lacey here. In the mornings I was able to get up and just take each child to school, and collect moving boxes, without having to load up all four kids at the same time. Mom was constantly doing things to help around the house- helping me pack, making lunches, feeding the kids, cleaning and doing laundry. Most importantly to me, Mom and Lacey were able to give lots of extra attention to the boys when my focus was on Emily. They both spent lots of time with Emily too, changing her, getting her dressed and just holding and loving her- I think she loved all the cuddle time too. Lacey was pretty much ready to take Emily home with her.
On the weekend when Jeff came home, Mom & Lacey watched the boys one night while Jeff and I went out on a date with Emily. It was nice to have some time together & Emily slept the whole time. On Sunday we were able to go to church together. It sure is nice to have 4 adults for 4 kids!
It was so wonderful to have them here. I think we're all having withdrawals. I just have to remember that we'll get to see them again in about 4 months, and then it's not so bad. It was so much fun this past week and we loved every minute! Thanks Mom & Lacey, we sure love you!
(One regret I have is that I didn't get more pictures of Mom with the kids, and I didn't get copies of the pictures Mom took while she was here. Hopefully I can get the pictures soon!)
The boys going for a ride on aunt Lacey's legs.
Playing games and reading books outside on a blanket.
Playing at the park
Grandma and Emily
Emily and Daddy
Sisters
Date night for Mom & Dad (and Emily) Matthew decided to hop in the picture too.
1 comment:
Hooray for family visiting and for date nights! Glad you had both :)Looks like you guys had a blast and we had fun getting to hangout with you all a bit too.
Post a Comment