Sunday, March 7, 2010

38 Weeks 1 Day

38 Weeks & 1 Day


I guess it's the final countdown, only 13 days to go until my due date, March 20th. This also happens to be the week that Jeff starts his veteran's hospital surgery rotation that's about 2 hours away. He has to be up there for work Monday-Friday and will come back on the weekends. It's a 4-month rotation until the end of June. We'd all be going with him, but I have to deliver the baby here for insurance reasons, so I'll be here until the end of the month at least. We're still trying to figure out details beyond that point. It also makes it tricky that we only have 1 car- we're hoping he wont' have to rent a car for too long.
Right now in regards to having a baby, we've planned for the worst but are still hoping for the best. If I go into labor during the week, I'll just have to call him and hope that he makes it down in time. I'm grateful I have some good friends here. My mom won't be coming out until the 22nd, but I'm excited that my sister Lacey will be coming out on the 16th, and they'll both be staying until the 30th. I've never had anything more than 1 person coming out for one week after I've had a baby, so I'm excited!
It would have been nice if my doctor could have worked out a date for me to be induced, but at this point, because I'm still measuring small (they want to send me in for yet another ultrasound) and weight gain has been low, induction isn't even an option- especially because I still have a couple more weeks to go before my due date anyway.
I guess at this point we'll just have to sit back and see what happens. Jacob was born right on his due date, Caleb was 2 weeks early, and Matthew was 6 days early. So I have a pretty good range to work with. It'll be interesting to see when this baby girl decides to make her appearance. I'm just hoping that Jeff will be able to be there with me!

6 comments:

nathalia said...

Good luck to you guys! Did your boys come quickly? Here's praying that Jeff makes it back! I'm sure it will all work out!

Eric and Caralee said...

I'll cross my fingers for the 13th! :)

Perfectly Imperfect said...

GIRL! What am I going to do with you? I wish I was back in Philly so I could come stay with you - then who would care if Jeff could make it or not - JUST KIDDING! I will be praying for you. the Rhineharts just love love love you all!

Joey and Michelle Chandler Family said...

Oh I hope she comes on a weekend! How fun that you get to have your mom and laci come help! My 3rd delivery took the longest so hopefully even if Jeff is out of town he can make it in time!!! You need him.

Caity said...

Good luck with everything! It sounds like it'll be another adventure!

Janette said...

Ang...it sounds like your plate (and tummy) are very full! We'll keep you guys in our prayers!