Monday, March 8, 2010

All Things Girly

No baby yet, but it's been fun getting ready for a little girl- especially with all the cute little crafty things that can be made. I love little boy things, but girls definitely have more fun accessories!

Last week we had a girl's night to get together to make bows, flowers, hair accessories etc. I love these girls!

I've also had fun trying out jewelry-making. I'm definitely not a professional, but it's been a fun new hobby.






These were the fun things from the girl's night, so quick & easy!

Great little nylon headbands, these were fun to do one snowy afternoon. Much more fun than actually wearing the nylons!
I've seen a lot of cute tutorials for bow/flower holders. One night I decided to put one together, but I did a really simple (and cheap) method. It took all of about 30 minutes. I took an old cardboard box, covered it with some fabric that I had, and then hot glued the ribbon. I like that it's really light-weight, so hanging it up isn't a problem and it still serves its purpose. Plus, at this point I don't know if I want to move a bow holder across the country when we move, so I might keep it, but I also wouldn't feel bad if I didn't.


7 comments:

sara cardon said...

What fun girly projects!! Girls really are more fun to dress-- Zach just won't keep those bows in!jk:) Can't wait to see her!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Oh that little baby doesn't stand a CHANCE!!! Watch out for the cutest girl EVER!!! I can't wait!

teresa said...

oh you're so ready for this girl! she's already accesorized and not even here yet, i love it! you're going to have so much fun with her!

Joey and Michelle Chandler Family said...

I've been checking your blog almost daily to see if you've had her yet...I'm nervous for you I just hope it happens when Jeff's home. The bow holder is a great idea and I love all the very cute bracelets and barrettes you've made! I want to learn how to make those fabric flowers! Looks like you're definitely ready to go!

Tiffany said...

What cute girly bows! I wish I lived by you so I could make some too. :) sorry Jeff is going to be away from you these last couple weeks--that is a bite. We hope everything goes well with your delivery!
Tiff and Cory Jones

Unknown said...

She is going to be the best dressed and accessorized girl ever! Wish I was there!

Caity said...

Everything you've made is super adorable!