Sunday, August 30, 2009

Random Thoughts

This is a weekend I would love to be home. Of course, with Jeff being gone for work from Thursday-Sunday morning I've had a lot of quiet time to think about it.
  • My brother Houston just got home from his mission to Chile on Friday afternoon. While I'm so excited to be able to go back for his mission report, there's something fun about seeing them walk off the plane so fresh of the mission. I would have loved to have been able to give him a big hug. We did enjoy talking to him on the phone though!
  • Dad is also being put into the new Stake Presidency this weekend. President McCauley, who was in during the time I was in high school, was being released and a new presidency is being sustained today. President Marty Stafford, Kelley Shaw, and my dad. What a group of amazing men.
  • Lacey will be leaving for college this next weekend, I still can't believe my littlest sister will be gone. I'm going to miss not seeing her as much when we're home.
  • Finally, Cole starts his sophomore year of high school this week too. Once again, it doesn't seem like that much time could have possibly passed!
I am grateful that we'll be home soon, because I don't like missing out on everything!

Couple other random thoughts:
  • Something about the month of August makes me want to listen to Christmas music. Strange, but I love it!
  • Neiman Marcus has so many cute dresses for women. If I had $400 just laying around with nothing to do, I would buy one!
  • Do you know what happens when your husband forgets about and leaves a fish-oil vitamin in the shirt of his pocket and it goes through the washer/dryer with a load of laundry? Lets just say don't let it happen unless you really love your clothes smelling like fish...
  • One night while Jeff was out of town, I let the boys pick out a TV dinner for fun. I'm not as motivated to cook big meals when Jeff is gone, and I thought the boys mgiht like it. Well, I dont' even know if they've ever had one. At dinnertime, Jacob told me, "This is the BEST dinner I've ever had!" Makes me wonder why I bother with fancy, healthy meals... :)


7 comments:

Amanda Stevens said...

Your dad gave beautiful remarks today! He was filled with the spirit...your mom was great too. She talked about the trials of the last year...job, cancer and surgery. I couldn't have picked a better man to lead my stake. I am sorry you're missing your family! I know you have a healthy perspective despite being so far away.

Karissa said...

I'm sorry about the fish oil vitamin - that doesn't sound fun at all!
And I love the TV dinner thought - cute cute =)

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I'm SO sorry you missed those things. I am tearing for you now. Not fun being away from family - but the worst part is that when you are back here with US, you are going to miss PA! Don't ask me how I know. I'm glad that TV dinners were a hit. It reminds me of a story from Sister Hinckley where one of her daughters remembered her son was supposed to take cookies to a cookie sale at the school the next day - but she remembered at 11:30. She stayed up for hours baking and frosting and going all out for his cookies. The next day when he came home she asked how the cookie sale went and he said, "fine. Except I was late and so I had to have one of the HOMEMADE ones." Sometimes you don't have to be SUPERMOM to BE a SUPER mom!!! 99 cents, a microwave, happy kids? I say hooray.

Sharesa Larsen said...

I have to tell a funny story about fish oil. We are giving Sarah some to help with eczema and our chiropractor and good friend told us it was okay to give her a tablespoon at a time. Let's just say she only gets 1/2 a teaspoon until she stops smelling like a fish! It is really hard being away from family and so exciting when you get to go visit! Have a fun trip! And you spend time making good healthy meals so that they have the ability to learn lots and feel great (just a little reminder!)

Joey and Michelle Chandler Family said...

Happy (way too late) Birthday Angela!!! 25 is a GREAT age. It still sounds young. Life has been too crazy with family reunions, school starting, dance, and piano lessons that I neglected to wish you a happy birthday sooner and I feel terrible! I'm glad you had such a great day. You look beautiful as always!
I'm so sorry you have to miss out on stuff you want to be to. I remember when I lived in Boise missing out on Danny and Matt's football games, Birthdays, and just hanging out on Sunday afternoons. I hope someday soon you get to live closer!
That is awesome that your dad was called into the stake presidency! I didn't even know until I read it on your blog! What a great man he is with a great wife! I'm glad you get to come for Houston's report. It will be so fun to see how much your cute little boys have grown up! Hope you have a great week!

The Tanners said...

Angela,
We love you. I wish you could have been here too. We truly missed you and Kristie & Families. You are such an awesome Mom & Wife with such a great attitude. We look forward to next weekend. What a treat it will be! Have a great day!
Love,
Mom Tanner

Sharisse said...

That's funny about the fih oil! I cracked up over that!