Take 1: Jeff buys the discount tickets, we drop the kids off at the babysitting group and head to the theatre. When we get there, we find out that our discount tickets aren't the 'right' ones. The movie has to be out for longer. So we scrap the movie and go miniature golfing instead.
Take 2: We know the movie has been out long enough, so once again we drop off the kids, and head to the theatre. Jeff had checked the movie times on Thursday night but when we get to the theatre we find out that the time has been changed and it starts too late, so once again we miss the movie.
Take 3: Last night we double checked the times and after dropping off the kids we made it to the theater and got our admittance tickets. We actually made it in! We make it through about 20 minutes of the movie when Jeff gets a call from the hospital. A guy ended up having a bad accident that cut up his face/eye pretty bad(I won't go into the details...) and Jeff had to go in to do an emergency surgery. I dropped him off to get his car, and then spent the rest of our date night shopping for Jacob's school uniform at the store & then picking up/putting kids to bed. Jeff didn't end up getting home until almost 3am.
I almost started laughing when Jeff told me that he had to go in to the hospital, I was bummed & I sure felt bad for the guy who needed surgery, but at this point it's been almost comical how difficult it has been to get to a silly movie! Maybe it won't happen, but hopefully the 4th time's a charm!
11 comments:
Holy cow, I hope you get to see the whole movie next time you try. Is he always on call or do they take turns being on call?
This is a PUNISHMENT for you not reading the books. You go to the FLOP (free library of Philly) and get those dang books (at least three at a time - they are that addictive) and then go home and read them. ...Like the movies... haven't read the books. Angela, Angela, Angela.
That is too funny! I hate when things like that happen! Hope you get to see the movie!
That story sounds like something that would happen in a movie....not at the movies. I hope you guys get there soon! Good Luck!
I don't know if I could have left the theater its such a great movie from the very start!
Are you serious?!? That's terrible-- the best laid plans, I guess... We haven't seen it yet either, but hear it's pretty good. Better luck next time!:)
Oh wow. That is crazy. Well, when you do make it to the movie, it will be worth all the effort because this one is really good...though, not as good as the book of course! :)
Wow, three times now trying!? That is a pretty funny story. Hopefully we'll be able to see it soon too:)
Wow... I hope when you do see the movie it's worth all the hassle! (I haven't seen it yet either...)
I hope you get to see it soon! =)
Oh man, too bad Jeff had to leave. I don't know how you have done the call stuff for so long. We are on our 3rd year of residency and I'm afraid I just am not as patient with the kids after dealing with them myself for too long. You are amazing and I really look up to you for your always cheerful attitude!
Good grief! I probably would have given up, but that is probably because I haven't seen any all the way through, nor read the books your friend (perfectly imperfect) would be most disappointed. You have inspired me though to watch them all...someday when I get a focused moment. Any tips?
Post a Comment