Friday, June 12, 2009

Grandma & Grandpa's Homecoming

The 2nd part of our trip was down to Utah for Grandma & Grandpa's mission homecoming. They had a wonderful mission in Mexico- we were just sad that we weren't able to meet up with them before they left. That swine flu really caused some plans to change, we weren't able to make it down to see them. Nonetheless, it's been so fun to spend time with them since they've been home. They came up to Boise for a few days for various events, and we felt fortunate to be able to spend as much time with them as we did. The boys weren't shy, they would always run right over to "Great Grandma & Grandpa Tanner"
Their homecoming meeting was wonderful, other than the fact that I spend most of the time out in the hallway with Matthew. Fortunately, the relief society room was open so I was able to let Matthew roam the room while I listened to the talks over the speakers. It was great!
Afterwards we gathered at grandma and grandpa's house for lunch with a good portion of the extended family. It was so fun to catch up with family members that I haven't seen in many years. I feel so lucky to have such a wonderful family. Kristie and Tom made it up again, and we can never seem to get enough time with them. It was so fun to sit on a blanket outside just talking together with everyone (...not to mention having people steal your dessert....no comments :) The kids had a blast out in the yard, it's an awesome place designed especially for kids. Matthew loved the sandbox and swings. Jacob and Caleb had a blast on the playground, playing with cousins, and the "puppies" as they call the two chihuahuas. It was fun to watch them all run around together.
The only thing I was sad about is that I didn't end up with more pictures! Somehow my great intentions of getting pictures of everyone got lost in the pleasure of visiting with everyone. I can't believe I didn't even get a picture of us with Grandma & Grandpa. (At least I got a couple while they came up to visit...I'll have to post them later when I get a CD of my pictures)
We had such a fun time with everyone, it was sad to say goodbye, as always. Then Dad, Mom & Lacey headed out in their car and Cole, the boys, and I followed. We caravan-ed the whole way, and got home about 11:30. (I drove the full trip again. Pretty awesome considering I used to be the one who would be 'out' the moment the car got going. My parents are amazed at the change:)

1 comment:

Kristie lee said...

The funniest part about us taking your dessert was that we thought you didn't notice. We were sure that you were eating a little at a time along with us.... but we really ate all of it ourselves! lol I miss you Ang :-)