Sunday, June 21, 2009

What We've Been Up To

I haven't posted much over the past couple weeks. We've been busy getting settled and unpacked. Plus, I figure that if I average the months of May & June, I've done plenty for the two months combined!We have enjoyed being back; especially since we're back together as a family. We've had a good amount of work getting everything moved into our little apartment and getting everything put into place.The boys have been good helpers most of the time, and absolutely loved putting the bookshelves together, and seeing lots of their toys again.
We've enjoyed our new place for the most part, and especially love the big area outside where the kids have room to run around and play. We love to go out and play soccer or just run around.
One of the favorite outdoor activities as of late is catching fireflies. It's so fun to be outside watching them light up. They seem to come out best when it's warm and humid, and with all the rain we've had the weather has been perfect for them. Even Matthew loves to run around as fast as he can trying to catch the little green bugs. We usually let the boys collect as many as they can and put them in a clear cup so we can see them light up. At the end, we open it up and watch them all fly away.
We've tried to enjoy our pool. Unfortunately it has rained almost every single day since we got back, so there have only been a few days that we've even had the option of going. We've had fun with what we've had though! Hopefully it'll warm up here soon and we'll be able to enjoy the pool more often.
The boys have had fun seeing all their friends again. They've loved playing at the park, seeing friends at church, and playing at the gym. Both Jacob and Caleb are starting soccer at the YMCA, so they're making new friends with that.
I've really enjoyed being able to get back into a running schedule again. I go to the gym a few times a week and enjoy that, but I've sure missed being up early to run with friends. I love that it is so light at 6am AND it's warm. It makes it so much easier to get up when the alarm goes off at 5:40am, and also allows us to run down on the trails that I've missed so much since last summer. It's such a great way to start off the day.
Hopefully I'll be better about posting the rest of the month, but if not, at least we're enjoying the time and having fun together.

1 comment:

The Tanners said...

It looks like you guys have a great place to run around. Thank goodness for that space. That is so fun about the fire flies. Your boys look so happy and healthy and what good helpers to put together the shelves. You're such a great mommy, Angela. I love you!
Love,
Mom Tanner