Monday, November 26, 2007

Turtle Eggs

It’s funny how kids can play with and have fun with the most random things. Tonight while I was making dinner, Jacob and Caleb occupied themselves for about an hour with a bag of potatoes. Yes, just a regular 5 pound bag of potatoes. At first I told them that they needed to put them back, but then I figured it really wasn’t hurting anything, and it was allowing me to get dinner made without distraction so I let them play with the potatoes. They thought it was fun to take them all out and put them in bags, and little plastic boxes. Then they decided that potatoes made great “Turtle Eggs” and pretended that they were turtle eggs. They then took them into the living room & started placing them around the room and on the couches. That’s where I had to draw the line and made them bring the potatoes back into the kitchen, but they still had lots of fun with their potato “turtle eggs” In fact when it was time for dinner, Jacob plopped the bag of potatoes right next to his plate. He couldn’t understand why I wouldn’t let him keep them up there; after all, turtle eggs are perfectly fine companions for dinner right?
One other fun story from tonight.
  • This evening for family home evening, we were talking about how Jesus washed the disciples feet in a way of serving them and showing them how much he loved them. Jacob was very interested the entire time and paid close attention, answering questions and talking about the story and how we need to serve others and show them we love them. It was pretty funny though, at the end of the lesson Jeff asked him one more time, “What did Jesus do?” Jacob replied, “He washed the disciples feet.” Then Jeff asked him, “And what do we need to do?” and Jacob answered, “Wash our feet.”

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jacob cracks me up.

Alyssa said...

He's right...we do need to wash our feet! Can you imagine if we didn't? That's a great story, and I love the pic of him with the turtle eggs. LOL! I ALWAYS say this, but your boys are just too cute. Those pics of Matthew are PRECIOUS!!!

Annette said...

Who ever thought that a bag of potatos would be so much fun. Cambrie's new toy is any piece of paper. Who needs the fancy things right?