Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Elder Tanner & More

Well today was the day that my brother entered the MTC. I still can't believe that he's finally going. We were (obviously) not able to be there with everyone, but at least able to talk with him on the phone before he entered officially. I'm so excited for him and know he'll do a wonderful job. Sometimes we kind of joke that we'll both be on missions at the same time, Houston in Chile and us here in Philadelphia. He'll just be done 9 months sooner. I'm sure my Mom is missing her son already; this is a first for her. But we're all excited for Elder Tanner & looking forward to hearing about his mission experiences.

This week has been a pretty regular one. We're trying to get things organized to move. We actually found out that the tenants in the home we've been subletting will be arriving home a week sooner than expected. Which means, we'll be moving to a hotel for a week, and then into our new apartment after that. Makes things a bit interesting, but hopefully it will all work out smoothly! I was able to find a good deal on a storage place not too far from our new apartment, so we've been moving some things there & will just do the rest once we're officially moved in.

I was able to go to my first doctor's appointment here (yes, it's been a while) and met my new doctor. He's a great guy that Jeff actually worked with as a medical student. I was very impressed, he seems great & I enjoy his personality. Jacob and Caleb were born here as well but I went to a doctor at a hospital just outside the city. I had originally planned on going back to Dr Bailey & Monzo at Lankenau Hospital, but when Jeff got his insurance information we found that they'll cover the labor & delivery completely if you're at Hahnemann (Jeff's hospital) but anywhere else is $1,000. It was still a tough decision; but I decided that if I can take half of that for a shopping spree after baby it'll be worth it. (Jk) Anyway, meeting my new doctor was great and I'm happy with him.

Last of all, this week has been extremely rainy! It's actually started to feel a lot more like fall. There's a chill in the air & it's been really wet. I don't know if I'm completely ready for the cold weather just yet, but I love having a few days of rain. There's a cozy feeling about the day being overcast and hearing the rain come down; especially when I'm going to sleep or waking up in the morning. I love it. There's just an exciting feeling with fall in the air.

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Where did you guys decide to move to?

Teri said...

I agree, Fall is on the way. It's my favorite time of year so I'm excited too. But still not ready for the cold. Philly winters are no fun!