
Happy Birthday to ME! Birthdays are definitely different as you grow up, but today was still a fun day. I had originally wanted to just celebrate it another time since we had so much going on, but Jeff was super sweet & made it a great and memorable birthday.
When I got up that morning, Jeff had put together a special little gift basket for me filled with all sorts of nice new nail polish, makeup and other cosmetics/fun things. I love it when he picks things out because he gets the nice things whereas I usually get the cheap ones. He also had a sweet card with such a thoughtful message-as always. My big present came a few weeks early when he got me a nice digital piano, so I was feeling pretty spoiled.
One thing I love about having a birthday is feeling like I can do whatever I want and not feel guilty about it. I needed to get the dishwasher loaded & some things cleaned up, but decided it would be much more fun to get out the coloring book & crayons, and just color with Jacob and Caleb instead...so we did! We made a fun lunch together & even watched a movie together with some treats. I think Jacob & Caleb were wishing we could have a birthday celebration every day.
I figured that we would probably go out that night & just take the kids with us, but Jeff even arranged for a babysitter for the boys! There is another 2nd year resident that Jeff works with that we've become pretty good friends with. They also have two children & we've done a babysitting swap with them. So they watched Jacob & Caleb while we went out. That night Jeff had made reservations for us at a new restaurant downtown called Alma De Cuba. It was such a fun place. Of course just the atmosphere in downtown Philadelphia is exciting & full of energy. This restaurant featured fun little candlelit tables, great authentic Cuban food & music, and all together a carefree enjoyable atmosphere to enjoy your time in. We had so much fun & really enjoyed the evening together.
All in all it was a great birthday, and the best part is being able to spend the time with my sweet husband and boys. They really made today a special day!
1 comment:
I'm glad you had a fun birthday! What a thoughtful hubby you have. That restaurant sounds like a really cool place!
Post a Comment