Sunday, September 30, 2012

September 2012 in Summary

September 2012 was a busy month and I'm afraid I didn't take many pictures. Mostly because I didn't really feel like it. During the early weeks of growing a baby-I preferred to spend my spare time sleeping! So here's a summary of the month.

Caleb turned 7 years old! His birthday fell on a Sunday this year, so everyone enjoyed church (it was the only Sunday I happened to stay home. I just wasn't feeling well- probably still trying to play catch up from our return trip across the country- so I stayed home and slept.) When everyone came home, we enjoyed watching Caleb open his presents and enjoyed a birthday dinner & cake, then watched the kids play with the new birthday goods. The favorite was the new set of Angry Birds. All the boys enjoyed it, but I'm pretty sure Matthew will probably end up taking over the set. I guess we know what to get him for his upcoming birthday!

All three boys were signed up for soccer again this fall. They were all pretty excited! I admit, I love watching the play too. By the looks of those schedules, I know where we're going to be spending a lot of our time! If you're looking for us on Saturdays- chances are, we'll probably be on the soccer field.


Matthew stopped me from vacuuming one morning because he really wanted to show me his "Inner Peace" pose. Kung Fu Panda has been a favorite among the boys lately, and I'm guessing he picked it up from there. I thought he was pretty cute!

Emily has been my little buddy. She loves coming with me to drop the boys off at school, and Matthew at preschool. Matthew is in preschool Monday, Wednesday and Friday afternoons. So for 2.5 hours those three days a week, it's just me and this little princess. That is, until April when the new baby arrives!

On the afternoons when Matthew isn't in preschool, one of our favorite activities is to walk/ride down to the elementary school to get the older boys! I love the beautiful warm weather and love being outside. Matthew loves to ride his bike down and there are always plenty of fun things to look at along the way.



Jacob has been enjoying scouting. I'm grateful for great leaders and other fun boys that he gets to associate with. It's been quite a learning experience for me, and it's growing on me!

It's always fun to see the little accessories Emily comes up with. She's such a funny, animated little girl. She is sweet and sassy and definitely has personality!


One afternoon, Jacob was doing a special presentation at school. It happened to be on an afternoon where Jeff was free! So we picked up some lunch on the way and went to visit Jacob. He did a great job on his presentation. It was fun to visit each of the kids' booths and play their games and ask them questions on their tiger projects.




Once again- more soccer. Matthew has started to catch on to the idea and has decided that he really likes to score goals. He's really started to do well this year! It's still pretty funny to watch this age group chase the ball around. Luckily they've figured out a better system- they play 3 on 3 and it's really helped spread the action around!


Emily has discovered a new trick- climbing out of her crib. I'll admit it's kind of nice that she can get out by herself in the mornings, but at the same time it makes it a little trickier to keep her IN bed. We'll be transitioning her into a big bed pretty soon anyway. It is cute how proud of herself she is!

Caleb lost another tooth! He's getting better about Dad pulling the teeth out (mom doesn't like that job) especially since he's realized it pays to loose teeth!

Just another shot of our sweet girl. In our household of busy boys, we feel so grateful to have this sweet little girl. We're all smitten with her.

I was able to finally have my first ultrasound and look at our newest sweet little babe. Baby #5 will be arriving sometime around April 12th. So fun that he/she is due on Jeff's birthday. We're all excited to find out what we'll be having- sometime in November probably. We've had a few guesses for brother & a few for sister. Most people seem to guess girl. I'd be happy with either! It would be fun if Emil could have a little sister, and I've kind of felt like it will be a girl. But we would absolutely be thrilled with boy or girl! It's been fun to start to share the news!

No comments: