Monday, November 22, 2010

Arizona Wedding Trip


On November 20th, Houston & Becca were married in the Mesa Arizona Temple. It was a beautiful Saturday- really how can you complain with a 70 degree day in November- and such a wonderful day. (I only took a couple pictures at the luncheon, I'll put up wedding pictures once we get the cd from Houston)
We drove down to Mom & Dad Stevens on Friday night- who were sweet enough to take the boys for us while we went. Mom even had a fabulous dinner all ready when we arrived. The boys were so excited to spend the weekend with Grandma & Grandpa and the days were jam packed with all sorts of fun activities like fishing, swimming, discovery centers, playing with cousins etc. They had a blast, now I just need to get some pictures to document all the fun!
Jeff and I then flew with Emily to AZ on Friday night. Man, even though an 8-month old baby is busy, it's so much easier to fly with one baby versus all the kids! By the time we got our rental car & everything, we didn't get to Kathy's place until 1:30am. We were up early the next morning to head for the temple by 8:45am. Lacey & Cole played outside with Lilah & Emily while the rest of us enjoyed a beautiful temple sealing.
It was a beautiful sealing and so wonderful to have so much family there with us. It was also so fun to meet Becca's family for the first time. Our family included: Us, Mom & Dad, Tom, Kristie, Lilah, Houston, Becca, Lacey, Cole, Grandma & Grandpa Tanner, Sheralin, Jonny Steele, Grandma & Grandpa Haworth, Kathy & Alan, Robert & Kourtney, Karl & Debbie, Jon & Heidi and girls, and hopefully I"m not missing anyone else. Jonny also drove down with a bunch of friends- it was fun to see him too.
After the ceremony, we had some time to visit with everyone before pictures, then we headed off to the wedding luncheon which Kathy & Alan catered. As always, the food, decorating, and everything was amazing.
The only sad part about the whole thing was that Jeff, Emily and I had to leave right after the luncheon. Jeff had a business trip so we were only able to stay in Arizona for about 15 hours. It was short, but still so much fun to be there with everyone.

Emily & Ryan were cute little friends! They had a lot of fun crawling around and playing together.
Grandma & Grandpa Haworth
Grandma & Grandpa Tanner, I'm just sad I missed Sher in this one!
Grandpa Haworth & Becca's sweet Grandpa. He was such a neat man. He came from Costa Rica, and works on the temple there. He kept telling us that we had such a beautiful, picture-perfect Mormon family, just the type he hoped his granddaughter would find. I felt the same way about him, I would have loved to adopt him as another grandpa!
Emily and Grandpa Tanner
Dad and the Girls (Cole sneaking in behind)
Mom and the Girls (Cole being Cole...:)

5 comments:

Karissa said...

Looks like everything went smoothly - which is always good for a wedding =) And yes, November weather in AZ is part of why Arizona is so wonderful =)

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Hooray for FAMILY and weddings that you are now close enough to attend - and MORE family to be close enough to watch kids - wow. fun. I am so glad for you guys!

Alyssa said...

so happy you got to experience az in november! that was a great post...i LOVE the mesa temple. i think it's one of the prettiest i've ever been able to be in. next time around, hopefully you'll have more time to see your family and your az friends!! :)

Joey and Michelle Chandler Family said...

Fun to see pictures and hear about the wedding. I'm so glad you got to go. I wish I could have come. Weddings are the best, (especially when it's your siblings :). Fun pictures...can't wait to see more!

DRP said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/manfaat-jamur-kuping/